What can you do when you find a stolen Pin?
Pin thieves are always looking for shortcuts to gain traffic to their website. And it’s becoming a real problem on Pinterest.
They’re breaking copyright rules and Pinterest’s terms, so naturally, it’s in your best interest to report them.
How do I report a stolen Pin?
Keep in mind that you can only report your own stolen Pin. If you do find other Pins (not belonging to you) then you could contact the Pin owner and let them know the link. But, you could also find yourself being sucked down the rabbit hole and swimming in stolen Pins.
Don’t let it take up too much of your time.
- First of all, click on the Pin to open it.
- Click on the three dots (top left) and select “Report Pin”.
- On the next screen, scroll down to “My Intellectual Property” and select.
- Next, select “This Infringes My Copyright”. You will be taken to a new Page.
- Provide Your Contact info.
You Will Then Need To “Prove” The Pin Is Yours
- Provide the URL where this Pin originate from (your Blog Post for example).
- Next, be sure to select “Strike” only. You don’t want to remove all, if you do, all valid Pins will be removed as well.
Complete the form and submit.
- You will receive an email when the offending Pin has been removed.
Congratulations! You’ve taken the first step to shutting down Pinterest thieves!